written by owen, Tue, 14th Nov
The thing about software is that you never truly finish writing it and it is never in a state of "perfection" except for that moment right after you write a new line of code and no errors pop up. Right after that it starts going downhill as you discover more edge cases and faults.
I am going to go for a simpler setup now, probably fix some long time annoyances alot the way. Vue.js? Attached are screenshots of the blog as at Oct2017 using a browser plugin called "full page screen capture".
I have never been big on design or bueaty but I have grown to like whitespace over time. As far as the code goes it is very simple. I think I will skip css modules this time around. *I notice that the screenshots don't come out well might been time to increase the max resolution on my images.
recent post list
post a comment or feature request
written by owen, Sun, 12th Nov
As mentioned in my previous changelog I think I am done with the redesign and general bug fixing of the News Project. I am still digging through the many Artificial Intelligence solutions that are being provide. Might test out IBMs offering next but in the mean time here is what I have completed.
News Project Changelog;
* made a page to re-request the titles of some posts that maybe have been published with draft titles then renamed.
* fixing feedburner feeds especially for comic strips with images in the content.
* rebuilt the aggregator AGAIN! now possible to have featured posts automatically highlighted and included in the main RSS feed.
* toned down the colours on main
* renamed all the layout css styles so that they are more legible
* new masthead
* fixed the query for the Caribbean page so it includes both the jamaican and TT links. Might add more island later.
* featured categories instead of full category/section listing on main page. makes it easier to get to the official music video page if thats all you are interest in.
* added over 20 new blogs and vlogs including; A Daily Dose of Reality: A Jamaican Perspective, Mandeview Journal,Suga Lifestyle, The Jammin' Brit,Tech Jamaica, Francine Derby, Attorney-at-Law, Double-K TV, That New Girl, Devon X Scott Vlogs,
Leron Edgar, Shari Petti, AutoExpertTV, Junksion XLabs Jamaica,
EatAhFood,The Transformation Blueprint Podcast | Paul Stennett, ARC Magazine,Repeating Islands,Jamaica Scene,My Jamaican Vignettes,Right Steps & Poui Trees,jamaicachange,
CaroleBeckford,Adventures from Elle, Ruthibelle,YardEdge
That is pretty must it for now, screenshot attached (I think I need to witch to png images). Next thing I will be working on the long overdue redesign of this blog which I havent touched since 2016.
post a comment or feature request
written by owen, Wed, 08th Nov
I cannot even remember the last movie I watched at the theatre but I missed Blade Runner 2048 because the theatre thought it was not popular enough to keep it showing for more than a couple days. Plus it was in 3d and I did not want to spend the extra money to see a movie in 3d because 3d adds VERY LITTLE to a movie. They make more money on the 3d movies so I get why they do it but it sucks really for everyone except the people making the money.
I do not have cable anymore so I am basically stuck watching local television or free stuff on Amazon Prime. Red Oaks is pretty good - if you can stand all the 80s references.
But I digress. I went to see Geostorm on a Sunday of all days. Who would have thought that so many people go out to the theaters on a Sunday night? That combined with the parking lot being resurfaced made for a whole lot of cars in the dust bowl at the back of Carib 5 with the usual guy doing donuts in his BMW for no apparent reason.
I dont know where all the people went because the room showing Geostorm was quarter full. They were probably seeing Thor or something else. But I was there to see a disaster movie. Geostorm turned out to be pretty bad. I mean really, really bad but with lots of CGI which I kinda expected from the trailor. The trailor spoils the entire movie. I was really looking forward to a good new world destruction movie but 4 out 10. terrible movie.
make a comment
written by owen, Mon, 06th Nov read 14 times.
written by owen, Sat, 04th Nov
This is literally the best thing since slice bread. It only has 15 slices but it is much better than regular wheat bread.
comment on this food