Video Games ( page 2 )
slowly going through my backlog submit a post
written by owen, Sun, 12th Dec 2010 at 1:32 pm
Runner is a game that could only have been designed by Hilter. Beating/completing the game requires dedicating GIGABYTES of you brain towards memorizing devilish jumping and ducking patterns in perfect order. Failing to do so will result in you getting sent directly back to the beginning of the level - no check point - no short cuts - NO NOTHING.
This game is GOOD but I certainly would not give this game a 10 because clearly there were some awful decisions made in the designs/layouts of some of the levels. You can tell that it is a design issue when EVERYBODY who plays level 1-2 has the same problem with those dam stairs. What makes it worst is that those stairs are the hardest in the whole 1st world. Not even to mention the bonus stages that can only be played once after playing the full stage.
Runner is a novel game but don't buy it unless you have alot of patience and up for the challenge of playing a level ONE HUNDRED TIMES OVER until you are able to commit everything into muscle memory. I give bit.trip: runner a 8 out of 10. Its good but unnecessarily hard.
Tami commented: This seems like a good choice to piss off a gamer. Maybe this should be a Christmas gift. ... read 9 more
written by owen, Mon, 06th Dec 2010 at 10:34 am
Firstly you will have to figure out how to install the Homebrew Channel. Note that the older your wii the easier it is to install. Anyway after that you will need a SD card to copy the game onto so that you can play them on your Wii. To download the game click download on the top right of the games web page.
Now here are my top 10 favourite games from wiibrew.org
A top down Shoot-'em-up in space along the lines of Asteriods. Using the nunchuck to steer and the pointer to shoot. Very polished game with enough challenge to keep you comming back. Multiple types of enemies and boss battles. Simple graphics and 4 players at the same time give it a arcade feel. Classic and Gamecude controller support make it a must have. 9 out of 10.
MahJongg Wii is a Mahjongg solitaire tiles game written specifically for the Wii. One of the most polished games on the Homebrew Channel, great menus and background music. Single or 2 player. Easy game to learn. 10 out of 10.
C-Dogs is an arcade shoot-em-up which lets players work alone and cooperatively during missions or fight against each other in the "dogfight" deathmatch mode. Many missions, various was to customise the charactor and multiple types of guns. Reminds me of true Lies on the SNES. 9 out of 10.
A simple 2D space shooting game. in which you shoot flying things on the screen with 1 to 4 players. Good game 7 out of 10.
The Homebrew Browser allows you to download the latest homebrew applications and games all through your Wii. You don't need to take your SD card out. You don't even need a computer! You can also delete homebrew you no longer want. 10 out of 10
I will add more games as I come across them. To see the full list of availiable game view the List of Hombrew games.
written by owen, Sun, 17th Oct 2010 at 9:37 am
I am a long time Wii owner and I played Move over at a friends house. I can safely say that its precision is its downfall - yes its precise but if I have to throw my arm out just to get a gold medal on Sports Champions then its not at all worth it! I like may arms, I play video games to avoid REAL sports. I'm a skinny guy, I don't need exercise, how are you going to beat the game if the simplest most redundant moves make you arm tired after half and hour? Why can't I do a horizontal slash?
I've played wii sports resort for eight straight hours, I wouldn't dare try that with the Move. PSMove fanatics need to start telling people their medal status on Sports champions because I don't think they are playing the game for very long.
The on-screen pointer lags abit too and the menu controls for some of the games are inconsistent. I get tempted to point at the screen and click stuff but some game I played had no screen pointer. Oh and another thing, the dam buttons around the move button, I hope people get accustomed to them eventually but they kinda confusing to use during play. Hopefully in the future the software averages out between exercise machine and gaming controler. If you never played the wii before then The move will be new ground for you but for the millions in Wii land; Precision does not equal fun. But right now I give it a 7 for poorly inplemented Wii Clone.
Bottom Line: Playstation Move sucks right now, at least on the software side until some good software comes out. The hardware maybe precise but that is also its downfall.
Tami commented: Honestly when i first saw the ad on tv, they were using the pink one and it resembled the fleshlight from a distance, i had to take a second look #imjustsaying [tired] ... read 4 more
written by owen, Thu, 11th Jun 2009 at 2:31 pm
Here I will list reasons in my opinion why the Wii release of the popular series is probably the worst version ever;
Basically the more you suck at Mario Kart Wii - the more you enjoy it.
Z commented: totally untrue. I have a blast, and I have a three star 9999 VR ranking with the wheel, logging over 580 hours. I would actually say the opposite - the more you suck, the less you enjoy it. ... read 2 more
written by owen, Wed, 15th Apr 2009 at 9:04 am
If you don't know what that means then feel free to ignore this post. For this post I'm just going to be dropping random thoughts and rambling wildly about the device that was recently released in America to cure cancer.
Nintendo is releases another gimped product.
- Yeah the Dsi is pretty much done as far as features are concerned. They should add GB, and GBA games to the shop. Apart from that in my opinion its the same as the DS lite which is pretty disappointing. They should have added some must have features such as rumble, and tilt detection (which when I think about it could be done by using the camera to watch the background). hmmm...
- I bet they could add GBA cart with a sd slot and new firmware to run the DSi operating system from the cart. f the cameras. but will they do it? nooooooo because the dsi is different not by much, but just enough to kill any hows hopes of merging the two while still allowing them to live side by side.
- i'm pretty disapointed with it as a upgrade. Its basically ds lite 1.2, wasted oppurtunity to produce something worth its money.
- The only useful feature I have seen is a very basic hack which is totally useless.
- It reminds me of the current gen DSi. But I guess people will still buy it - which is the problem. it reminds me in the sense of it being a half-assed/poor upgrade over the previous version of the same system. I mean when you compared NES->SNES (a real upgrade in everyway) to GB->GBA (more colors? faster processor? same buttons?). There needs to be new word for what they are doing; something like "side-grade" instead of upgrade.
- The quality of SNES vs GBA is better overall in every way BECAUSE of the buttons. the GBA though faster than a snes is not a better upgrade. Similar to what is happening with the DS and DSi now. Minor updates only put more plastic in land fills. Build good hardware and people will keep it forever.
- The DSi does NOTHING well....NOOOOTTTHHINNNGG. My old cellphone takes better pictures, plays mp3s and has more internal memory. I can imagine that they were going to put 512mb of internal memory in it and then some body said "wait the wii has 512mb, we can't do that, it would look like we are purposely making handicapped hardware to keep our customers buying new upgraded versions" of last gen hardware.
- I really don't know why they have to half-*** EVERYTHING! yeah they get good battery life which the psp failed at, but I mean theres got to be a middle ground. and apparently you loose a couple hours of battery life as well.
- My 3 year old motorola phone plays mp3s. They better not try to sell mp3 functionality in the future.
- WTF is with that dam manual that they pack into the box? Its got like a 2 trees worth of paper in it. The manual comes in 3 languages and is roughly 90% of wieght of the package. This is a factor of total laziness and no concern for the environment. I'm sure that manual alone costs 10 dollars to produce and kills endangered animals.
- The 1000 free points that they give you is basically a gateway drug for DSI shovel-ware shop. Just a enough reason to get you to find a nerd to hook up your WIFI point and hook into their global Dsi tracking website. Its masterful. Thats all I can say. Its probably even included in the price of the Dsi.
- I don't hate it. I'm just disappointed :(
- I don't know if the people realise this yet but when nintendo releases a new console, all your downloaded clocks and calenders will be tied to the dsi that you bought them on and so you may have to buy them ALL OVER AGAIN.
Roflmaointhahouse commented: Ndsi is so fail! stupid nintendo goin mainstream more then before!!!
Those cameras are for pedofiles! ... read 81 more
Also available as RSS