Stopped by the Island Grille in the Digicel building Downtown.
Jamaica, July 2021 ( page 552 )
Create a New Topic / New Post.
Whenever, wherever you are in life, whatever you are doing - you always need to be vigilant and conscious of your progress. Always remember that some things are out of your control, hell is other people and some things require a course correction. Direction is very important, you need to be heading towards something even if you are not sure what it really is.
One of the biggest problems with the current civilized society is that responsibility is being shifted from the corporations/government to individuals who will suffer and die alone if they mess up. So if you are a part of a movement - any movement, social or otherwise - you have to ask yourself is this movement a comfort blanket or am I a part of a Desert Storm.
I have been curating my social media feeds as more people get accustomed to standing on the virtual social media corner waiting for something to happen. I for one am in possession of too many hobbies to have my time wasted by laymen on social media. Or worse yet professional time wasters on mass media. If in a moment of weakness I take my time to reply to your dumb tweet than has zero replies and I do not get a response within 24 hours. I will unfollow you with a quickness. Not enough time, not enough money.
Things to do
I have to rebuild the JMGov search index which was last built in Oct 2019. Since so many things have happened I need to complicate it a bit by allowing users query multiple indexes. I will most likely have an advanced search link or something like that. No history, no future.
- I need to change the file formate of my index into something that is more stream-able. Because the current file is getting too big to load into server memory as whole.
- I am pretty much done with the upgrades/optimizations to NewoZero version 1.1, will have to push that update out to players at some point in the summer. The game has only been out 2 months and has already garnered a whole bunch of fans.
- I have several blog posts that I need to write - I am getting really lazy on the blogging front - maybe its old age but I have a few bit of tech that I have bought recently and CDs to review that have been sitting on my desk for months. They are not going to write themselves.
- I am at the lazy area in Hyper Metroid, and Xenoblade Chronicles. Hyper Metroid is fun, it just has a few unexplained tricks that you might not realize that you are being taught during game play such as "hyper ball".
Changed both front shock mounts and bump stops on my car. Probably going to have to change the break pads next or spray the fading bonnet.
Despite the chaotic cluster that was last month's server move I think things turned out pretty well. I am still on a never ending bug hunt but these are the struggles you face when you have a 20 year old custom blog.
I spent a whole lot of time walking the beach while they were cooking the BBQ in St. Elizabeth, Jamaica. When I looked up the beach it seemed like a long walk but if I did not start I would not have known what was at the other end. I did not bring any swim clothes so I took off my socks, shoes and rolled up my jeans and headed out into the great unknown. You only live once. I walk so long that I had to take off my shirt to stay cool. The trick is not to save any energy for the swim back. BY the time the sun started to set I knew I had to turn back but I got some shots that I will share below.
* this was another black and white day. I promise I will start doing colour again. promise.