written by owen on 2009-Apr-15.
If you don't know what that means then feel free to ignore this post. For this post I'm just going to be dropping random thoughts and rambling wildly about the device that was recently released in America to cure cancer.
Nintendo is releases another gimped product.
- Yeah the Dsi is pretty much done as far as features are concerned. They should add GB, and GBA games to the shop. Apart from that in my opinion its the same as the DS lite which is pretty disappointing. They should have added some must have features such as rumble, and tilt detection (which when I think about it could be done by using the camera to watch the background). hmmm...
- I bet they could add GBA cart with a sd slot and new firmware to run the DSi operating system from the cart. f the cameras. but will they do it? nooooooo because the dsi is different not by much, but just enough to kill any hows hopes of merging the two while still allowing them to live side by side.
- i'm pretty disapointed with it as a upgrade. Itsï»¿ basically ds lite 1.2, wasted oppurtunity to produce something worth its money.
- The only useful feature I have seen is a very basic hack which is totally useless.
- It reminds me of the current gen DSi. But I guess people will still buy it - which is the problem. it reminds me in the sense of it being a half-assed/poor upgrade over the previous version of the same system. I mean when you compared NES->SNES (a real upgrade in everyway) to GB->GBA (more colors? faster processor? same buttons?). There needs to be new word for what they are doing; something like "side-grade" instead of upgrade.
- The quality of SNES vs GBA is better overall in every way BECAUSE of the buttons. the GBA though faster than a snes is not a better upgrade. Similar to what is happening with the DS and DSi now. Minor updates only put more plastic in land fills. Build good hardware and people will keep it forever.
- The DSi does NOTHING well....NOOOOTTTHHINNNGG. My old cellphone takes better pictures, plays mp3s and has more internal memory. I can imagine that they were going to put 512mb of internal memory in it and then some body said "wait the wii has 512mb, we can't do that, it would look like we are purposely making handicapped hardware to keep our customers buying new upgraded versions" of last gen hardware.
- I really don't know why they have to half-*** EVERYTHING! yeah they get good battery life which the psp failed at, but I mean theres got to be a middle ground. and apparently you loose a couple hours of battery life as well.
- My 3 year old motorola phone plays mp3s. They better not try to sell mp3 functionality in the future.
- WTF is with that dam manual that they pack into the box? Its got like a 2 trees worth of paper in it. The manual comes in 3 languages and is roughly 90% of wieght of the package. This is a factor of total laziness and no concern for the environment. I'm sure that manual alone costs 10 dollars to produce and kills endangered animals.
- The 1000 free points that they give you is basically a gateway drug for DSI shovel-ware shop. Just a enough reason to get you to find a nerd to hook up your WIFI point and hook into their global Dsi tracking website. Its masterful. Thats all I can say. Its probably even included in the price of the Dsi.
- I don't hate it. I'm just disappointed :(
- I don't know if the people realise this yet but when nintendo releases a new console, all your downloaded clocks and calenders will be tied to the dsi that you bought them on and so you may have to buy them ALL OVER AGAIN.