written by KMT on 2005-Oct-29.
The classes contained in a select number of namespaces are available in your ASP.NET pages by default. (You must explicitly import other namespaces.) These default namespaces contain classes that you use most often in your ASp.NET applications:
- SystemContains all the base data types and other useful classes such as those related to generating random numbers and working with dates and times.
- System.CollectionsContains classes for working with standard collection types such as hash tables, and array lists.
- System.Corrections.SpecializedContains classes that represent specialized collections such as linked lists and string collections.
- System.ConfigurationContains classes for working with configuration files (Web.config files).
- System.TextContains classes for encoding, decoding, and manipulating the content of strings
- System.Text.RegularExpressionsContains classes for performing regular expression match and replace operations.
- System .WebContains basic classes for working with the World Wide Web, including classes for representing browser requests and server responses.
- System.Web.CachingContains classes used or caching classes for performing custom caching operations.
- System.Web.SecurityContains classes for implementing authentication and authorization such as Forms and Passport authentication.
- System.Web.SessionStateContains classes for implementing session state.
- System.Web.UIContains the basic classes used in building the user interface of ASP.NET pages
- System.Web.UI.HTMLControlsContains the classes for HTML controls.
- System.Web.UI.WebControlsContains the classes for Web controls.